Mar 21, 2022
Welcome to the regret episode! This one is going to be a little
different. It's not a story, but rather an exploration of a topic
that we've come to believe is essential to living a good life with
as little regret as possible.
We'll start by sharing some quotes, books, and podcasts on
regret. And then we'll also talk about some of our biggest regrets,
what if we were all the perfect version of ourselves, would we be
all the same? And then end the episode with some advice on
Key Highlights from the episode
[00:41] Regret quotes
[05:30] Books and podcasts on regret
[08:39] Our biggest regrets
[16:21] The three theories of regrets
[18:26] Common regrets for other people
[20:37] Stats on regret
[21:46] Wallowing on a regret
[25:03] What would the perfect version of yourself
[28:42] What’s life all about?
[31:28] Only fans inquiry
[32:00] Advice for those who have regrets
[33:25] Daniel Pink’s three-step process on overcoming
- The only people without regrets are people who have brain
damage. People who are sociopaths, and people who have
neurodegenerative diseases, the rest of us have regrets.
- Make it a rule of life, never to regret and never look back.
Regret is an appalling waste of energy. You can't build on it. It's
only good for wallowing on it.
- Never regret something that once made you happy.
- regret is mostly caused by not having done anything.
- You gotta keep on keeping on. Life's a garden. Dig it, dig it,
make it work for you.
- Everything in life is so finite. And there's always that last
time, but you don't sometimes you don't even realize when the last
time is going to be
- For me, getting something, that thing won't make me happy. But
achieving the thing is, like a level. And then I get to go to the
- I feel like there's always an opportunity to go back and remedy
the regret you may have.
- Use the regret you have now as a catalyst for what you want to
do going forward.
- control what you can control, move on, learn from that